504 error happening frequently when calling comparison api

When calling the comparison API, I’m seeing the following error happen far too often

<TITLE>ERROR: The request could not be satisfied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>504 ERROR</H1>
<H2>The request could not be satisfied.</H2>
<HR noshade size="1px">
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
<BR clear="all">
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
<BR clear="all">
<HR noshade size="1px">
<PRE>
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: f7fNGWlOeqEQOZfyzeOdV_wN_krHqWKHgUTe4p1KE8NLW4TANSZuPw==
</PRE>
<ADDRESS>
</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

Any specific reason why this is happening? Is this because of any rate limits?

@DWHLLC

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We have tested the scenario number of times with sample files, but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. Please check whether you are facing the issue with some specific file size. We will appreciate it if you please share some sample files here to replicate the issue.

I don’t think its related to file size. Most files are less than 1-2 MB, mostly 6-12 page word documents with no images except, in some cases a company logo on the header. Also, when I retry few minutes later it always works. I run this as a batch job every night and the job spawns 10-15 comparisons almost in parallel. I’m wondering if that is causing some rate limits to be triggered.

1 Like

@DWHLLC

Thanks for your feedback. We have logged a ticket COMPARISONCLOUD-154 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.