Assistance Required for PPTX to PNG Conversion Issue with Japanese Text

I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I encountered while using GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud API. Following the instructions on your blog post Convert PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) to PNG in Node.js, I attempted to convert a PowerPoint file containing Japanese text into PNG format. However, the Japanese characters are being rendered as white squares in the output PNG files.

I am using GroupDocs’s internal storage for this process. If the issue relates to font settings, could you please provide specific guidance on how to upload and specify custom fonts in my conversions? I would appreciate detailed steps and any necessary code modifications to resolve this issue.
I have uploaded japanese ttf file to fonts/ttf/ and tried with code like this, but the problem wasn’t resolved.

const convert = async () => {
  const convertApi = groupdocs_conversion_cloud.ConvertApi.fromKeys(clientId, clientSecret);
  const settings = new groupdocs_conversion_cloud.ConvertSettings();
  settings.storageName = myStorage;
    settings.filePath = 'test.pptx';
    settings.fontsPath = 'fonts/ttf';
    settings.format = 'png';

settings.outputPath = 'nodejs-testing/';

try {
    const request = new groupdocs_conversion_cloud.ConvertDocumentRequest(settings);
    await convertApi.convertDocument(request);
    console.log('Conversion Success');
  } catch (err) {
    console.error('Conversion Error:', err);
  }
};

convert();

Looking forward to your guidance and support.

Best regards

test-page-9.png (14.2 KB)

@r3ktkent

You can use custom fonts for the conversion. First, you need to upload your font to a folder in the cloud storage and then pass the font folder path as a ‘FontsPath’ parameter. Please check the following documentation for more details.