AWS Converting using Python self hosting

Looking at Python convervsion from XLSX to PDF, want to self host
1) Does GroupDocs cconversion Work on AWS for self hosting?
a) I see PIP install and docker. I’m familar with PIP can we do self hosting?
If not how do you install docker on AWS?
b) how long is the trial licence good for?
c) does GroupDocs work on S3?

@cdenike

Yes, we support the self hosting of GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud via Docker container, and you can use the GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud SDK for Python from PIP with it. You simply need to change the ApiBaseUrl as per your docker server address. However, we need to double check the support of AWS S3 for self hosting. We will check and update you as soon as possible.

1. So we can’t use the pip install for local hosting, is that correct?
  2. Never heard back on the support of AWS S3 for self hosting?
  3. Can you we upload this docker to a lambda funciton?

@cdenike

Currently, we do not support AWS S3 storage in Docker Container. However, we have logged a ticket(CONVERSIONCLOUD-499) to implement the requirement. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

@cdenike

Apparently, there are no restrictions on where to host the groupdocs cloud Docker containers. I am afraid I have not tried to install a Docker container via PIP install or a Lambda function. You may give it a try to self host GroupDocs.Conversion Cloud Docker container via PIP install or Lambda function and let us know if you face any issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONCLOUD-499) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by sergeiterentev

@cdenike
In reference to above fix, please check the Enable AWS S3 Cloud Storage section from the Docker Hub image for details.

https://hub.docker.com/r/groupdocs/conversion-cloud