Document Signing issue in JavaScript using GroupDocs.Signature Cloud API

Hi,

It is our pleasure to inform you that, we’ve found your service of signing documents online via clouds APIs is very good and authentic. After creating a trial account we tried using your Document Signing service and everything was working fine, except one issue which we faced and the details of the issue is mentioned below.

As per our requirement, we need to load a Document to be signed via a link in an iframe and also to view the after Signed Document using the same link in the same iframe, and your service for the same was able to satisfy our requirements, but the problem sits when we try to Sign the Document by opening the SignaturePad, the Signing cross Mouse cursor is not getting visible and when checked there was a console error which says “Uncaught Error: Load timeout for modules: svgSignaturePad

http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout. Perhaps, require.js hasn’t loaded might be the reason for this timeout error, also it is to be noted that everything works fine when opened in an individual tab of the browser(Including the signing process). Since its all yours(Cloud APIs), we couldn’t find a solution and is seeking your guidance and support for the same issue.

It is our pleasure and honor, if we could be one among your valued long-term Customer.

Regards,

Midhun krishna kv

Citrus Informatics Pvt Ltd.

India

Hi Midhum,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. I have tried to reproduce your issue but unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce it. Please check our example here . If the issue will be reproducible on your side please share with me more info about your project: code example, error details, step by step guide for how to reproduce the issue etc.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

It is my pleasure to let you know that the issue which we have been facing has been solved now and so we can now embed the doc for signing using iframe without issues.

We are now going to implement a mock application using your Cloud API and in this regard, one thing that i would like to ask you is how to get our “User GUID”, “Template GUID”, Envelope GUID and Document GUID. Among these we are able to get the Document GUID.

Can you please help us find these GUIDs so that we could test in your GroupDocs Swagger API Console.

Thank you

Regards,

Midhun krishna kv

Citrus Informatics Pvt. Ltd.

India.

Sorry for the delay.

1. To get user GUID - https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/spec/#!/admin/GetUserInfo_GET

2. To get template GUID - https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/spec/#!/signature/CreateSignatureTemplate_POST please create your templates via this method and on the response you will get template guid, the template and envelop guids are not required.

3. To get envelop GUID - https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/spec/#!/signature/CreateSignatureEnvelope_POST the same as for the template

4. To get document GUID - https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/spec/#!/storage/ListEntities_GET in the responce you will get a list of all files from your account, loop over it and get the document GUID by its name.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for responding to our queries, By the way i tried all the ways but unfortunately couldn’t generate a signing link for signing documents via API.

Can you please guide me step by step in generating signing link using your REST APIs.

Also we would like to know about this issue which we faced while calling an api to sign document.

The call is: https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/spec/#%21/signaturePublic/PublicSignDocument_POST

and i got an error response as :

{
“result”: {
“jobId”: null
},
“status”: “Failed”,
“error_message”: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”,
“composedOn”: 1469021491738
}

We found around 7 or 8 apis to process the complete functioning of the document signing process, or is there something we did any wrong?.

Once if we found useful we’ll consider upgrading our account subscription.

Thanking you

Midhun krishna kv

Citrus India

Hi,

Thank you for coming back. To sign the URL there is no any API request - URL signing is a SDK method. Please share with me which exactly SDK (for which platform) you use and I will provide a code example.

As for the issue - please share with me your code example that I can check it.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

Can you please show us an example of signing a document using javascript SDK, since thats what we are looking for as per our requirement.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Midhun krishna
Citrus India

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately we don’t have such example. But you can check example code for other platforms - for JavaScript SDK the logic will be the same.

Best regards.

HI Pavel,

when i tried AddSignatureEnvelopeField api call for Add signature field for document in envelope and what i got as response for the call:

https://api.groupdocs.com/v2.0/signature/36eed8da15cff8ee/envelopes/1c132e0b486b44f37625f37fd24c79b2/documents/f5c9680e7a25b97576e3931fecd65372590f1a97cfe7432778569b3df17b2bc7/recipient/33ac15aaff6a1ba99d23d83d51a129ed/field/0545e589fb3e27c9bb7a1f59d0e3fcb9?signature=K5EhJ7wR39cT3WDcuAshXzFRDLM

was this:

{result: {envelopeId: “1c132e0b486b44f37625f37fd24c79b2”,…}, status: “Failed”,…}

composedOn:1469688556660
error_message:“Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
result:{envelopeId: “1c132e0b486b44f37625f37fd24c79b2”,…} documentId:"f5c9680e7a25b97576e3931fecd65372590f1a97cfe7432778569b3df17b2bc7"
 envelopeId:"1c132e0b486b44f37625f37fd24c79b2"
 field:null
 recipientId:“33ac15aaff6a1ba99d23d83d51a129ed”

Do you have any idea of what might be the reason for this error?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Midhun krishna
Citrus India

Hi Midhun,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issue. I will check it with our Product team and then come back to you.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi Pavel,

We have solved the above issue and was able to do the e-document signing process without any problem on the web, and at the same time when we implemented this feature into mobile we got a very serious issue regarding the design when it comes to signing…

As i have already mentioned, we have included the document for signing in an iframe like this for both web and mobile:

So here the the document loads without any problem, but when we try to sign document clicking on the signature field, we get the signaturePad popup with serious design issues that prevents us from clicking Apply button, and even after clicking on the Apply button, the confirmation dialog pops up again with design issue that prevents us from submitting the signature into the document in Mobile.

We have attached the screenshots of these issue occurred in mobile.

As we are at the Final stage of this Test Demo Implementation of your e-document Signing Solution for Mobile, it is very Urgent that we require your support on this issue.

Expecting your support very Immediately.

Thanks again !

Regards,

Midhun krishna

Citrus Informatics Pvt Ltd.

India.

Hi Midhun,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issue. I will check it with our Product team and then come back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok, Waiting for your response.

Regards,
Midhun krishna
Citrus India

Hi Midhun,

We have reproduced the issue and created a bug ticket for it. When our Product team will resolve it - we will notify you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.