Merging document "fragments" into a single Word doc

Greetings,

I’m considering this service and am wondering about the Word doc merge capabilities. Is it possible to store “fragments” of pages (think legal provisions/clauses) as separate Word docs and then generate a final document by merging various fragments?

If each merged doc starts as a new page, then that won’t work. Anyone doing anything similar? Is there a way to achieve this?

-Steve

EDIT

One more question… What is Aspose? Is that related to groupdocs somehow? I’m a bit confused, as I think I wound up here by starting on the Aspose website. :confused:

@shot

I am afraid currently GroupDocs.Merger Cloud API does not support to append the source document to the end of last page of destination document but start for new page. We have logged a feature request MERGERCLOUD-64 for your requirement. We will update you as soon as it is resolved.

Please note Aspose APIs are file format specific APIs. Whereas GroupDocs APIs are based on a specific feature of Aspose APIs. Like we have clubbed document merge feature of all the Aspose APIs in GroupDocs.Merger API

Thanks! In the interim, I guess I’ll see if leveraging mail merge capabilities is a possibility.

If I’ll be working exclusively with MS Word docs, then it seems like Aspose might be better. I’ll have to do a bit more research. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

@shot

If you are open to using Aspose.Words API then you can check the following documentation for sample code and details for your requirement.

Thanks again, @tilal.ahmad. Is it possible using the aspose.cloud REST API? I don’t see that capability at…

@shot

Yes, you can achieve this in Aspose.Words Cloud API using following APIs.

PUT ​/words​/{name}​/sections​/{sectionIndex}​/pageSetup Updates the page setup of a section in the document

PUT ​/words​/{name}​/appendDocument Appends documents to the original document

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as MERGERCLOUD-64) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by sergeiterentev