Performance issue

Hello,

We bought GroupDocs.Viewer (develop OEM version) for Java 2.10.0 on 201505, due to some reason we didn’t use it. Until recently, we tried to use it on our private cloud, but the performance is very poor. EX: I tried to open a xlsx file with 10KB and it took me more than 2 mins until I gave up. Then, I tried to preview a pptx file with 2MB which took me more than 4 mins to open. My question is any version I may download without further charge with my current license and may solve V2.10.0’s performance issue? Please kindly advise…thanks.

Hello Fred,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, you use our legacy version of the library and we don’t support it anymore. We recommend you to migrate to our new 17.2.0 version of the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java , that you can download from here . Documentation for this library you can find here .

Regarding license question - if your license has not expired , then you can use it with new version too. If your license is expired, then you can generate temp license to recheck your performance issue with new version of the library.

If you will have more questions regarding new version of the library, then please post them to new forum thread .

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hello Evgen,

So, the performance issue which takes a long time to open a file for view has already been solved at V17.2.0 version, right?

Greetings Fred,

We’d like to explain you that GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x is a UI and framework independent back-end API that can be integrated in any Java project.
the performance issue which takes a long time to open a file for view has already been solved at V17.2.0 version, right?
Yes, it won’t take that much time. V17.2.0 performs better than its older versions. We’d suggest you to view/render your documents using our our showcase or console example project and share your experience.
You may find following resources quite helpful:
We’d like to hear your feedback.

Have a nice day!
Kind regards

Hello

We have tested V17.2.0 Version, there are two issues have been discovered…

1. When we try to open an excel file with 20mb and bigger, error occurs…

2. We are using web application example to preview a Power point file, error occurs.

Thanks for your help in advance

Hello Fred,

Can you please tell which showcase project you are evaluating?
We also require the problematic files/documents from you, could you please share Excel and PowerPoint files (that are raising exception while rendering)?

We’d appreciate your cooperation.
Best regards

Hi, Atir:

1. Showcase with powerpoint error case:

The showcase is “GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-using-Servlets”, and the URL is “http://localhost:8080/GetDocumentPageImage?path=D:/temp/doc-viewer/storage/pptx/sample.pptx&rotate=false&width=0&pageindex=0”.

The sample.pptx is attached as sample.zip that you can use.

And the error message is attached as Showcase_error_with_powerpoint.zip for reference.

1. Big excel file error case:

I use my java code (attached as DocViewerTest.zip) to test different files.

While testing big excel (Book1.zip), I got below error:

---------Error start---------

Exception in thread “main” class com.groupdocs.viewer.exception.GroupDocsViewerException: com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.z —> com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.z

— End of inner exception stack trace —

com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.bEE(Unknown Source)

com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source)

com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source)

com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.a(Unknown Source)

com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.g(Unknown Source)

com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.getPages(Unknown Source)

docviewer.DocViewerTest.main(DocViewerTest.java:66)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.bEE(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.g(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.getPages(Unknown Source)

at docviewer.DocViewerTest.main(DocViewerTest.java:66)

Caused by: com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.z

at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.FJ.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.FJ.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.dO.toImage(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.c.b.a(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.b(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.CB(Unknown Source)

at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.c.g.bEC(Unknown Source)

… 7 more

---------Error end---------

Let me know if I am missing anythings.

Looking forward to any comments.

Thank you.

Greetings Anderson,

Thanks for providing the relevant files. We investigated your issues at our end and let us share the outcome.
As far as rendering sample.pptx in viewer is concerned. We’d recommend you to explore and utilize our Modern UI showcase project, we couldn’t reproduce any issue in Modern UI showcase project while rendering sample.pptx file. Please find the attached output file (sample.pptx successfully rendered in Modern UI).
However, we successfully reproduced your second issue at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID:VIEWERJAVA-1391. As we get any update form the concerned team, we’ll apprise you.

We’ll appreciate your patience.
Many Thanks

@andersonlin,

---------Error start---------
Exception in thread “main” class com.groupdocs.viewer.exception.GroupDocsViewerException: com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.z —> com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.c.z
We got a solution from the concerned team to render such excel sheets. It appears because you are trying to render worksheet with more than 65K rows in it. In such cases, we’d recommend you to render worksheets partially. You may follow the code given below:

ImageOptions imageOptions = new ImageOptions();
imageOptions.getCellsOptions().setOnePagePerSheet(false);
imageOptions.getCellsOptions().setCountRowsPerPage(50);
// Get pages
List pages = imageHandler.getPages(guid, imageOptions);

<span style=“font-family: “Times New Roman”; white-space: normal;”>Please try this way and share your feedback. 
<span style=“font-family: “Times New Roman”; white-space: normal;”>Best wishes

Atir,

I tried Moderm UI showcase, however, sample.pptx is not shown properly at my end.

Document info of sample.pptx is correct as sample_pptx_document_info.png.
But I didn’t see rendered pages correctly as sample_pptx_not_rendered_correctly.png, and no error logs.
I also try apachecon-scaling.pptx file, which comes with Moderm UI showcase, same incorrect result.
Have no idea how can I solve it.

And how long it takes to show rendered sample.pptx at your end?

Thank you.

Hi, Atir:

Your workaround suggestion solved this problem.
Thank you very much.

Hello Anderson,

sample.pptx is not shown properly at my end.
We couldn’t reproduce this issue at our end, all pages are rendered properly. However, if you try to navigate to different pages from URL or thumbnails (it doesn’t show thumbnails) then it raises issue. We’ve logged this issue on GitHub. Please follow this link in order to get more updates regarding this particular issue.
And how long it takes to show rendered sample.pptx at your end?
We rendered sample.pptx file for the first time it took almost 2.34 minutes (performance also depends on your hardware resources). However, when we enabled cache and rendered same document for the second time, it took barely 9 seconds to render the document.
You can get better elaboration from the attached screenshots.

Thanks

@andersonlin,

We’re glad to hear that.

Kind regards

@andersonlin,

I tried Moderm UI showcase, however, sample.pptx is not shown properly at my end.
We are able to reproduce this issue at our end (documents are not properly rendering to images) and in our showcase project thumbnails are actually images of the original document. Hence, we’ve logged this issue in our internal issue tracking system. As we get any update from the concerned team, we’ll surely notify you.

@andersonlin,

The issue you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERJAVA-1392) has been fixed in this update.

@andersonlin,

Your reported issue (logged as [ModernUI:001] : Thumbnails/page navigation is not properly done · Issue #49 · groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java · GitHub) has been fixed in our latest front-end application GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-App. Please download the application from the following repository.